UK STampers Forum Upgrade News

We have now completed the changeover to the new UK Stampers Forum. The gallery is in use and is great. Why not register for our email Newsletter due to start this week on the forum ?

Sid xx

Friday, 23 March 2007

The eyes see everything

my entry for this week's Wednesday Stamper is "the eyes see everything", and it is a belated tri-fold card for a friend who's birthday was last week.

I used my Keepsake Card Craft score board to create a tri-fold, and then cut along a diagonal line over two of the folds, and folded in the opposite direction on two of the folds.

The covered the longest panel with the watercolour pattern, the second panel was covered with the hearts, and the third with the watercolour pattern again. Next I inked up my Oasis French Manuscript stamp with Timber Brown StazOn, and stamped on plain copier paper. I then sponged on Peeled Paint and Tattered Rose Distress Inks with cut'n'dry foam and torn, and added to opposing sides of the second and third panels. Actually, first I had added ribbon to the sides, but this just didn't do anything for me, so I took it off and added the Manuscript paper - remember, a mistake should just be looked on as a creative opportunity!

Stamped the eye (in Peeled Paint) and the face (in Tattered Rose) on the longest panel.
I prepared a plate of pale green cardstick with one of my favourite Non-Seq stamps (the lady with the tear), coloured with my new metallic penciles, and added glossy accents to the jewels, tear and lips. Added the French Manuscript around the edges, and matted onto gold cardstock.
Placing this plate so that it overlapped onto the first panel.

"the eyes see everything" from Paper Artsy Femme Plate 2 was stamped, scanned, re-sized and printed out on to plain copier paper - then coloured with the Peeled Paint and Tattered Rose Distress Inks. After tearing out the words (except for "everything") I added a tiny amount of Versamark around the edges and Galactic Gold EP and heat set. This was added to the first panel. "everything" was coloured with the Distress Inks, and just aligned on the second panel with the wording on the first one.

Peeled Paint Distress Ink was just then run around the edges of the card.

No comments: