UK STampers Forum Upgrade News

We have now completed the changeover to the new UK Stampers Forum. The gallery is in use and is great. Why not register for our email Newsletter due to start this week on the forum http://www.ukstampers.co.uk/ ?

Sid xx

Saturday 23 January 2010

Tag recipe week 1 - Craftyhazelnut

It's quite a while since I joined in the UKStampers challenges, but thought that, as it's a new series, I'd try to join in.

So here is my first tag made to recipe 1:

I decided to incorporate the Leonardo stamp that I had for Christmas (I used it before here).

I chose a piece of beige cardstock that had a texture to it and brayered it using a couple of Ariondack rainbow ink pads. I then added a little distress tattered rose (I've discovered this needs to be re-inked or replaced), sanded it a bit and then stamped my image and heat embossed with black detail. I only had cream lace, so I brayered that a bit and then added strips of stickles gold - I wasn't really keen on adding the glitter, but it was in the recipe, so I thought I ought to!

I had to take the photo at an angle because otherwise the black embossed areas reflected the flashlight too much.



7 comments:

Maria said...

well this is beautiful and I especially like your lace. It suits the image.

Chicken Licken said...

Ooo that's lovely and old looking!

Sid said...

What a great looking tag ! Nice to see you joining in !

Effie said...

Lovely tag... that stamp is fab.. love the aged look!

AnnM said...

That stamp is lovely! Great tag.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag, love that image Hazel x

Nattywoo said...

What a beautiful vinateg tag. I like the way you have worked the glitter into the lace!